The BioMan4R2 project within the European SMP COSME program offers financial support and networking for small and medium-sized companies in the biological products and medical technology manufacturing sectors that want to increase their resilience, sustainability and competitiveness.
The BioMan4R2 program aims to improve manufacturing processes, transfer disruptive medical technologies, strengthen the competitiveness and sustainability of the European healthcare ecosystem by fostering long-term collaboration among SMEs, investment funds, research, clinical and knowledge-intensive organizations, science and technology parks and other companies in these sectors.
Are you an SME? Benefit from the opportunities offered by BioMan4R2 - Financial support to encourage resilience, sustainability and competitiveness
The project has financial support offerings that can be used in activities related to collaborative innovation projects that support business transformation, such as training plans, support for travel to explore markets in other countries, business continuity and resilience plans. Each company may apply for more than one of the financial support offerings, but may not exceed the established funding limit of €60,000.
There are 2 types of financial support:
1. For innovation (60.000€)
These financial support offerings are for cooperative projects between SMEs and collaborators from different sectors with common challenges of resilience, sustainability or digital transformation, and assessment and validation of existing products. They have a value of €60,000. 50% of the amount will be transferred after signing the financial agreement and the remaining 50% once the final report has been accepted.
2. For business transformation (15.000€)
These are financial support offerings that support SMEs through training in technology uptake, digitization and sustainable supplier business models, and developing training programs for SMEs in digitization and digital skills. They also help implement and carry out business agreements and take part in commercially viable cooperative projects, resilience analysis, business continuity plans, market access strategies, advice on reimbursement or regulatory challenges. They are valued at €15,000 and will be transferred after signing the full financial agreement. 50% of the amount will be transferred after signing the financial agreement and the remaining 50% once the final report has been accepted.
Stakeholder mapping for the SME Support Program
This is an open database deposited on the BioMan4R2 platform where SMEs can meet key stakeholders of the quadruple helix, service providers and infrastructures of the BN ecosystem.
The BioMan4R2 project in detail
The first phase of the BioMan4R2 project focuses on preparing and building Eurocluster excellence to address the critical needs of the BMT sector. The project has 3 main tasks:
- To analyze the BMT sector's resilience needs.
- To map key stakeholders and service providers.
- To set up the SME Support Program.
The objective of the second phase of the project is to increase the resilience, sustainability and competitiveness of the biomanufacturing and medical technology sectors in the EU through the SME Support Program. The objectives of this second phase are:
- To build new models of collaboration between European biomanufacturing cluster organizations and other key stakeholders in the pharmaceutical/biomedical and medical technology sector.
- To facilitate the signing of cooperation agreements between European entities and entities in third countries.
- To facilitate the implementation and adoption of innovation in business processes, contributing to green and digital transformation.
- To improve the cluster management skills of the consortium to provide better services and attract more talent to the BMT.
- To improve and transform BMT products in a way that reduces reliance on current value chains, as well as introduce new innovative products.
Project members are:
- Turku Science Park Oy Ab (FI, leaders)
- Bioregio STERN (DE)
- LifetecZONe (NL)
- Upper Silesian Accelerator for Commercial Enterprises Ltd (PL)
- Medicen Paris Region (FR)
- Council of European Bioregions (BE)
- Biocat (CAT)
Visit the BioMan4R2 project on the European Cluster Collaboration Platform (ECCP) for up-to-date information on activities.
Until 29 February 2024, we provide you with the B2match platform free of charge for networking. On this matchmaking platform for BioManufacturing and MedTech actors, you can upload your profile to apply for cooperation partners and service providers to apply for BioMan4R2 financial support.
Funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or EISMEA. Neither the European Union nor the granting authority can be held responsible for them.