The "Pharmacoomics and Breast Cancer group" is looking for a candidate to work on the topic “Luminal-to-basal tumor heterogeneity of hormone-receptor positive breast cancer”. The PhD project will address various aspects of tumor cell biology including tumor heterogeneity, molecular characterizations, and clinical aspects of cancer research.
- Application of a broad spectrum of basic molecular and cell biological techniques, including absorbance/luminescence measurements, immunohistochemistry, and immunofluorescence microscopy
- Biomarker analyses on tumor tissue sections using QuPath Software
- Characterization of primary tumors on different molecular levels using state-of-the-art methods: genomics (digital droplet PCR, MassARRAY, NGS), spatial transcriptomics, spatial phenotyping
- Establishment and characterization of patient-derived tumor models (e.g., organoids)
- Functional testing of drug effects using in vitro and pre-clinically relevant in vivo models
- Analysis of clinical and experimental datasets (e.g., immunohistochemistry, gene expression, genetic variation) using biostatistics and bioinformatics
- Master degree (M.Sc.) in biology, biochemistry, molecular medicine, or a related discipline
- Experience and solid background in molecular biology, human genetics and cell culture technology
- Preliminary experience with 3D cell/tumor model culture, or tissue molecular pathology is beneficial
- Interest in oncology and personalized medicine
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Enthusiasm to dedicate yourself to ensure greatest possible success in your career track
- The opportunity to work in an interdisciplinary team providing support and mentoring at IKP and University of Tübingen
- State-of-the-art technologies for a wide range of different applications (genomics, transcriptomics, metabolomics) and expert knowledge within the different core facilities
- The opportunity to communicate scientific results at international conferences and to participate in workshops/seminars
- A unique feature of the project is the co-supervision by a team of renowned investigators from the Moross Integrated Cancer Center at Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel , who contribute with their unique expertise to the progress of the projects
- An initial contract for 3 years and flexible starting date (earliest starting date as of now)
For further information please contact Dr. Werner Schroth (phone 0711-8101-5647, email: email@example.com).
Are you ready for a new challenge? Then apply now via our online career portal.
The stated employer benefits may vary depending on the position and employment relationship.
Please note the applicable proof requirements due to the Infection Protection Act as a condition of employment.
We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and promote a work environment that allows equal opportunities regardless of age, gender, sexual identity, disability, origin or religion.
By submitting your application documents, you agree to your applicant data being recorded and processed in the SmartRecruiters applicant management software. You can find information on our data protection here: Data protection.