Material innovations come and go. New materials have always been heralded as innovation drivers. But only a few materials have made the arduous journey from an invention to a successful innovation in the marketplace. The reason for this is that material development is extremely complex, time-consuming and expensive. Once the material has been developed, the processes, approval methods and products have to be refined. In some cases, this takes decades.
On the other hand, we need new materials to produce better, sustainable products. We need to find a way to develop resource efficient and CO2 neutral product innovations - fast!
Digitalization offers us not only the chance to communicate across borders, but also to jointly develop, identify and seize market opportunities.
The international workshop ASM21 takes a holistic view of material innovations. From synthesis to recycling, it covers the entire product life cycle. Top international speakers from research and industry present the latest innovations for discussion and thus contribute to an efficient technology transfer and the increase of innovation rates.
08.06.2021 | ics.Datei
21.09.2021 | ics.Datei
16.11.2021 | ics.Datei
Information and Communication Technology
- New materials, such as graphene or topological insulator
- Battery materials
- Heatsink for energy management
- EMI shielding materials
- Large area sensors
Environment and Energy
- Electrode materials for batteries
- New emitters with high efficiency and low cost
- Corrosion protection with graphene
- Thermoelectric generators
- Smart packaging
- Electro-spinning polymers
- Wearable medical sensors
Developers from, amongst others, environment and energy, life science, communication technology and technology scouts are welcome.
- Representatives from the industry and scientists will have the opportunity to discuss the possibilities of co-operation.
- The presentations show the technological possibilities, development potentials and thus the chances for new products and markets.
The event is free of charge
Please click here to register for this event
Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Ivica Kolaric MBA, MBE
Fraunhofer-Institut für Produktionstechnik und Automatisierung IPA
Telefon +49 711 970-3729
Fax +49 711 970-953729