Technical Assistant (BTA/CTA/MTA) for Microbiology/Molecular Biology (m/f/d, E9 TV-L, 100%)
In the Cluster of Excellence “Controlling Microbes to Fight Infections” there is an immediate vacancy for a Technical Assistant (BTA/CTA/MTA) for Microbiology/Molecular Biology (m/f/d, 100%) initially limited until 31.12.2025 with the option of extension.
The research group “Microbiome-Host Interactions” under the direction of Prof. Dr. Lisa Maier investigates the effects of drugs on the intestinal microbiome by means of anaerobic cultivation experiments and microbiome analyses. To support our team, we are looking for a
Biological/Chemical/Medical-Technical Assistant (BTA/CTA/MTA)
to start as soon as possible.
You can find more detailed information about our work at https://lisamaierlab.com/ and at https://www.cmfi.uni-tuebingen.de.
- Cultivation and identification of intestinal microbes, incl. microscopy and molecular techniques such as sequencing.
- Laboratory organisation and management of strain and mutant collections Maintenance of special equipment (e.g., anaerobic chambers, pipetting robots, etc.)
- Support of our high-throughput screens, in collaboration with postdocs and PhD students of the research group or in cooperation with external collaboration partners
- Successfully completed training as a BTA, CTA, MTA, biology/chemistry lab technician or in a related profession, alternatively a completed bachelor’s degree in the natural sciences
- Basic knowledge in the field of molecular biology as well as first work experience with microbiological techniques are desirable
- Interest in laboratory automation and the operation of laboratory robots
- high quality awareness, ability to work in a team
- English language skills, both written and spoken, are required.
- remuneration in accordance with the provisions of the TV-L (E 7-9, depending on personal requirements), including the attractive benefits in the public service (e.g. Christmas bonus, collectively agreed holiday entitlement)
- A wide range of training and development opportunities
- Flexible working hours, so that you can better combine your professional and private life.
This job advertisement is open to all genders. Severely disabled persons will be given preferential consideration if they are equally qualified. Women are expressly invited to apply. The position can be shared.
Applications should be submitted by 15.05.2023 with a cover letter, curriculum vitae and references summarised in a PDF file by e-mail to
Recruitment will take place through the University Hospital Tübingen.
Further information: Cluster of Excellence “Controlling Microbes to Fight Infections”