CeCaVa, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical immune-oncology company based in Tübingen (Germany), is searching for an experienced
Senior Bioinformatician (f/m/d)
in full time. CeCaVa is developing personalized cancer vaccines derived from tumor-specific mutations leading to the formation of neoepitopes. The candidate will be responsible to refine and develop state of the art computational algorithms to predict and select such tumor-specific neoepitopes.
Your field of responsibility
- Development of novel machine learning algorithms and pipelines for the identification of neoepitopes
- Development and validation of new software and analysis pipelines in accordance to GAMP guidelines
- Implement and maintain the core bioinformatic pipeline for neoepitope prediction and selection
- Carrying out data management tasks and statistical analysis of biomedical data
- Strengthen the bioinformatics unit of the company and work within an interdisciplinary team as well as with academic and industry partners
- PhD with at least 5 years of additional work experience in bioinformatics (computational biology/chemistry, computer sciences, or related subjects) – industry experience is a plus.
- Excellent programming skills and experience in advanced data analytics (Linux, Python, and R) are required - experience with construction of pipelines is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge and proven hands-on experience in programming, applying and benchmarking machine learning methods is a must. Experience of modeling biological processes is a plus.
- Solid understanding of statistics and its use for analysis of biomedical data is required.
- Experience in biomedical data integration, analysis and interpretation (e.g., next-generation sequencing, mutation, gene expression and/or pathway analysis) is highly advantageous.
- Ideally basic knowledge in immunology, oncology or immuno-oncology or interest in learning such biomedical topics as needed.
- Proven scientific publication track record is desirable.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (incl. good working knowledge of English) is required.
- An exciting opportunity to work in an industry setting together with world-renown academic experts
- A passionate team in an entrepreneurial, innovative and open-minded working atmosphere
- Flat hierarchies and easy access to all company functions
- Room to use your creativity to develop own ideas and shape the company
Please send your complete application (including cover letter, CV, certificates, expected availability date, a complete list of publications and 2 - 3 references) by email and in one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application!
CeCaVa GmbH & Co. KG
Tel: 07071 565 44 55