The Werner Siemens Imaging Center (Department of Preclinical Imaging and Radiopharmacy) is a world-leading imaging center recognized for its scientific excellence and unique state-of-the-art imaging. Several research groups focus on imaging sciences in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, and neurology. Embedded in the German Cluster of Excellence Image-guided and Functionally instructed Tumor Therapies the development of novel PET tracers for molecular imaging to monitor cancer therapies is one of the main objectives of the department.
In a profound, long-standing collaboration the NMI and WSIC develop Nanobody-based tracers to monitor immune responses and deconvolute resistance mechanism of state-of-the-art antibody- and cell-based cancer immunotherapies. Aiming for clinical translation, these immune cell tracers will be thoroughly validated in vitro and in vivo by dedicated small animal PET/MR imaging modalities using advanced disease models. In-depth immuno phenotyping will be performed to investigate the different subtypes of immune cells involved. In the course of clinical translation, a spin-off of the NMI and WSIC is aimed to commercialize the Nanobody-based PET tracers.
To strengthen our interdisciplinary R&D team, we are looking for postdoctoral scientist (m/f/d) in the field of small animal PET/MR imaging.
- In vitro (radio) immunoassays
- In vivo imaging studies with advanced animal models and immunotherapies
- High dimensional flow / mass cytometry of tumors and lymphatic organs
- Supervision of students (internships, bachelor/master, PhD students)
- Grant writing, animal testing proposals
- Expertise in immunology and/or oncology with profound knowledge of working with small animal models
- Experience with molecular and cell biology techniques (in particular flow / mass cytometry) is essential
- Excellent English language skills
- Project management skills are a strong asset
- High attention to detail, self-motivation, initiative and dependability as a team player
We offer to work on a high scientific level in a experienced, and well-funded research team with an excellent interdisciplinary infrastructure providing state-of-the art life science and clinical environment. We offer the opportunity to publish in leading international journals and present the research to an international scientific community. Furthermore, we are connected to a strong network providing an excellent platform to cooperate with local, national and international research labs.
- Excellent infrastructure and technical laboratory equipment
- Free employee parking in the multi-storey car park
- Work-life balance through flexible working hours and mobile working
- Attractive "bridge day" arrangement as well as paid days off on 24 / 31 December
- Staff events and excursions
- Salary according to the TV-L, the contract is limited to 2 years
Are you interested?
Click on "Apply now". This will only take two minutes.
Frau Katja Rösslein
NMI Naturwissenschaftliches und Medizinisches Institut an der Universität Tübingen
+49 7121 5153070