The Cluster of Excellence (EXC2180) “Image-Guided and Functionally Instructed Tumor
Therapies (iFIT)” is a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary research program that focuses on
understanding tumor biology and the development of novel diagnostic and therapeutic
approaches for cancer. The iFIT research group of Dr. Josef Leibold is looking for a
Postdoc (f/m/d) in functional immunogenomics.
The earliest possible start date is April 2021 and the position is offered for 2 years with plans
for a further extension.
The laboratory of Dr. Leibold studies the impact of genetic alterations on the tumor
microenvironment, with the ultimate goal to identify novel approaches to treat late stage
stomach, lung and prostate cancer. By using innovative mouse models combined with
functional genetic CRISPR/Cas9 and RNAi screens the goal of this particular project is to
identify druggable targets in genetically defined cancer cells that reestablish
immunosurveillance mechanisms and enhance immunotherapeutic approaches.
• Planning and conducting research experiments; establishment of novel assays and
• Analysis, interpretation and presentation of research findings
• Contribute to the preparation of research reports and publications
• Present research progress and outcomes
• Contribution to grant writing, research reports and publications
• Scientific literature research and development of new ideas
• Development of both internal and external collaborations
• Supervision of master candidates and PhD students
• A doctoral degree in molecular biology or a related discipline
• Practical experience in cell culture techniques and in the application of a range of molecular biology methods
• Creativity and thinking outside the box are encouraged
• Excellent organizational and record-keeping abilities
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• Strong communication skills in English along with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• practical skills in animal experimentation (FELASA B or comparable) are preferred
We offer an interesting and versatile workplace, a pleasant working atmosphere and an
exciting projec in a highly innovative and relevant research field. Remuneration is in
accordance with TV-L (collective wage agreement for the Public Service of the German
Federal States) in addition to all the customary benefits granted to employees working in Public Services. Severely handicapped persons with equal qualifications are given preferential consideration. The University of Tübingen is committed to increase the
percentage of female scientists, and therefore encourages women to apply for this position.
The Administration of the University Hospital is responsible for all employment matters.
Please send your application forms including a cover letter, your CV, a publication list, as
well as contact details for two references via e-mail (single PDF file) or in written form to:
Josef Leibold, M.D.
Juniorprofessor for Functional Immunogenomics
Cluster of Excellence iFIT (EXC2180)
Medical Oncology and Pulmology
University Department of Medicine
University Hospital Tübingen
72076 Tübingen, Germany