The Department for Sensory and Sensorimotor Systems of the Max-Planck-Institute for Biological Cybernetics studies the processing of sensory information (visual, auditory, tactile, olfactory) in the brain and the use of this information for directing body movements and making cognitive decisions.
The research is highly interdisciplinary, and uses theoretical and experimental approaches, including human psychophysics, and animal behavior, imaging, electrophysiology, and computational modelling.
Department website: https://www.kyb.tuebingen.mpg.de/sensory-and-sensorimotor-systems
We are currently looking for a
Lab Manager (m/f/d) 100%
to join us at the next possible opportunity.
Responsibilities: You will support, coordinate, and/or manage
- scientific equipment and purchases
- website, wiki, and social media content
- general administrative processes at the department
- project planning and managing deadlines
- internal and external workshops and other events
- Completed university degree (Master’s level) in natural sciences (Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Biology or a similar field), ideally a PhD
- Strong command of both English and German (at least C1 level)
- Good skills in IT/programming
- The willingness and capability to learn about the research topics
- Very strong management and organizational skills
- Team player
- Independent and responsible
- A high level of resilience and professionalism
What we offer: We offer highly interesting, challenging and varied tasks; you will work closely and collaboratively with scientists, students, programmers, administrative staff, and IT support to help achieve the scientific goals of the department.
A dedicated team awaits you in an international environment with regular opportunities for further education and training.
The salary is paid in accordance with the collective agreement for the public sector (TVoeD Bund), according to your qualifications. This position is initially limited to two years, with the possibility of a permanent contract.
The Max-Planck-Society seeks to employ more handicapped people and strongly encourages them to apply. Furthermore, we actively support the compatibility of work and family life. The Max-Planck-Society also seeks to increase the number of women in leadership positions and strongly encourages qualified women to apply. The Max-Planck-Society strives for gender equality and diversity.
Your application: Your application must contain a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, and relevant certificates. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered. The position is available immediately and will be open until filled. Preference will be given to applications received by August 31, 2019. We look forward to receiving your online applica-tion by E-Mail in PDF format (in one file) to: email@example.com, where also informal inquiries can be addressed.