The Werner Reichardt Centre for Integrative Neuroscience (CIN) in Tübingen offers a position for an
IT Systems Administrator (part time, 50%)
The CIN is an interdisciplinary research institution at the Eberhard Karls University Tübingen funded by the German Excellence Initiative program. The CIN strives to deepen our understanding of brain function and its impairment by disease. It seeks to make use of newly acquired insights to help people with brain disorders and to launch new mind- and brain-inspired applications in many areas of engineering and computer science.
CIN core groups consist of young and enthusiastic scientists employing diverse sets of experimental and theoretical methods that result in large data sets and require complex computations. The systems administrator will therefore directly contribute to the progress of exciting scientific research at the CIN.
As a system administrator of the CIN you will be part of a small team responsible for operating all IT-services and IT-security.
- a remuneration up to salary level E13 UK-T (collective labour agreement of the university hospitals Baden-Württemberg, limited contract period until 31.07.2023)
- a vibrant working environment with international researchers from all over the world
- excellent working conditions and equipment
Your responsibilities include:
- management and maintenance of a Linux-based High Performance Computing Cluster in a SAN infrastructure
- management of the backup and archiving system
- continuation of the IT-security concept
- first and second level support (Windows, Mac and Linux-Clients)
- coordination with research group leaders on system requirements
- IT order management
- formal training in information technology, applied computer science or computer engineering (diploma or comparable degree)
- expertise in administration of linux-based server environments (ideally in complex networks and high performance computing clusters)
- knowledge of CentOS, Debian/Ubuntu/RedHat, Mac OS, and MS Windows
- expertise in IT-security and Unix-based firewalls
- knowledge of standard network-services (DHCP, DNS, NTP, SAMBA/CIFS, NFS, SNMP)
- professional experience in IT-support
- experience with LDAP
- experience in virtualization solutions, ideally VMware
- team-skills, solution orientation, and commitment to excellence
- proficient oral and written skills in both German and English
The University of Tübingen is committed to increase the percentage of female scientists in research and teaching, and strongly encourages applications of qualified female candidates. In line with its internationalization agenda, the university welcomes applications from researchers outside Germany. Applications from equally qualified candidates with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications with supporting documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, diplomas/certificates) should be sent by e-mail as a single PDF-file (max. 10 MB) to Katherina Goris, CIN Central Office (email@example.com) by Oktober 3rd, 2021. Enquiries may also be directed to this address.
For further information on the CIN please visit our homepage at www.cin.uni-tuebingen.de.
Werner Reichardt Centre for Integrative Neuroscience