Die folgenden Informationen sind ausschließlich in englischer Sprache verfügbar.
To support Hertie Institute for Artificial Intelligence in Brain Health and the ML Cloud we are looking for a
HPC/AI Cluster Administrator (f/m/d)
The full-time position can be filled as soon as possible. The position initially will be filled on a fixed-term basis until 31.01.2028 with a strong prospect of extension.
The "Hertie Institute for Artificial Intelligence in Brain Health" (Hertie AI) is a research institute of the Faculty of Medicine, funded by the Gemeinnützige Hertie Stiftung, with the aim of detecting diseases of the nervous system earlier and treating them better with the help of artificial intelligence. Currently, Hertie AI is in a dynamic build-up phase.
Hertie AI cooperates with the strong and innovative AI ecosystem in Tübingen (e.g. Cyber Valley, Cluster of Excellence “Machine Learning in Science”, Tübingen AI Center). Hertie AI uses and benefits greatly from shared infrastructures with these initiatives, like the Machine Learning Cloud (ML Cloud). The ML Cloud, is a state-of-the-art compute infrastructure with powerful CPU and GPU compute capacities, petabyte-scale storage volumes, used by more than 200 researchers and engineers.
What You'll Do:
- Administration of complex HPC architectures with specialization(s) in sub-areas such as parallel file systems, management of heterogeneous resources with Slurm, system deployment and automated system monitoring
- Recommend and develop modifications and enhancements to existing hardware and software, new implementations, and installation standards to increase system utilization, stability for end-users and improve monitoring
- Work and communicate with the users, help with scalability of AI experiments and enable an ambitious research agenda through a stable, accessible and performant cluster
- Facilitate the procurement of HPC components and related, including tender writing and bid evaluation
What you will bring (position requirements):
- Masters degree in information technology, applied computer science or computer engineering (or comparable degree)
- Experience with HPC cluster manager & job scheduling software (e.g. Slurm, PBS, etc)
- Administration experience with Linux OS (e.g. SLES/RHEL/CentOS/Ubuntu etc.)
- Good knowledge of the scripting language Bash and/or Python
- Experience with Parallel file systems like GPFS/Lustre/Ceph/BeeGFS/Weka
- Independent, result driven work, demonstrates ownership and accountability
- English proficiency
Relevant experience in some of the following technologies:
- Experience with automation tools for configuration management (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef) and revision control systems (e.g. Git)
- Experience with containers (Docker/ Singularity/Podman / Kubernetes)
- HPC system troubleshooting and support
- HPC cluster availability and performance monitoring with Icinga, Grafana, etc
- Experience with Ethernet, InfiniBand, RDMA network technologies
- CPU/GPU/memory/RAID/storage/Data Center technologies
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise
What We Offer:
- Collaboration in the multifaceted environment of a modern university hospital, which in addition to patient care, also focuses on medical research and teaching
- Future-proof workplace and location as well as attractive remuneration including a company pension scheme (VBL) and at the same time the most flexible working hours possible
- Subsidization of the ticket for public transport and attractive discounts on employee offer platforms
- Structured onboarding phase, clinic's own academy to develop professional, social and methodological skills
- Preventive health care through a wide range of sports activities
In line with its internationalization agenda, the University of Tübingen welcomes applications from outside Germany.
We offer remuneration in accordance with TV-L (collective wage agreement for the Public Service of the German Federal States), severely handicapped persons with equal qualifications are given preferential consideration. The University of Tübingen is anxious to increase its quota of female scientific staff, and therefore emphatically requests women to apply for this position. Interview expenses are not covered. Please note the applicable vaccination regulations. Personnel appointments will be made pursuant to the fundamental stipulations of the legal statutes for universities in Germany.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Dr. Kristina Kapanova
Closing date for applications: 15.09.2023
We are looking forward to your application to Dr. Christina Bürger
including CV and cover letter under specification of the index number 3204.