CeCaVa, a Tübingen-based biopharmaceutical start-up company, recently spun out of CeGaT, an established genetic diagnostic and sequencing provider, is searching for an experienced
in full time. CeCaVa is developing personalized cancer vaccines derived from tumor-specific mutations leading to neoepitopes. The candidate will be responsible to develop state of the art computational algorithms to predict and select such tumor-specific neoepitopes.
Your field of responsibility
- Development of novel machine learning methods for the identification of neoepitopes
- Carrying out data management tasks and statistical analysis of biomedical data
- Develop and validate new software and analysis pipelines and in accordance to GCP regulations (training will be provided)
- Implement and maintain the core bioinformatic pipeline for neoepitope prediction and selection
- Establish the bioinformatics unit of the company and work within an interdisciplinary team as well as with academic and industry partners
- PhD or Master’s degree with at least 3 years of work experience in bioinformatics (computational biology/chemistry, (bio)statistics, computer sciences, or related subjects)
- Excellent programming skills and experience in advanced data analytics (e.g. Python, R, Bioconductor) are required. Experience with Linux and construction of pipelines is a plus.
- Theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience in applying and validating machine learning methods is a must
- Solid understanding of statistics and experience in its use for analysis of biomedical data is required
- Experience in biomedical data integration, analysis and interpretation (e.g. next-generation sequencing, mutation, gene expression and/or pathway analyses) is highly advantageous
- Ideally basic knowledge in immunology, oncology or immuno-oncology or interest in learning such biomedical topics as needed
- Proven scientific publication track record is desirable
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (incl. good working knowledge of English) is required
- An exciting opportunity to work in an industry setting together with world-renown academic experts
- A passionate team in an entrepreneurial, innovative and open-minded working atmosphere
- Flat hierarchies and easy access to all company functions
- Room to use your creativity to develop own ideas and shape the company
Please send your complete application (including cover letter, CV, certificates, expected availability date, a complete list of publications and 2 - 3 references) by email and in one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application!
CeCaVa GmbH & Co. KG | Paul-Ehrlich-Str. 23 | D-72076 Tübingen
Tel: 07071 565 44 55
Amtsgericht Stuttgart - HRA 734827
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Dirk Biskup, Christian Kraft, Dr. Jens Kurth